Zoot open water swimming series Tartu stage
19 July 2018
1,5 km distance at 19.00
Location: River Emajõgi
Start location: at Lodjakoja, Tartu
Race centre: Tartu Keskpark (on the corner of Vabaduse avenue and Poe street)
Issuing of race material and on the spot registration is at the race centre!
Organizers: NGO TriSmile and partner.
|Thursday, 19 July|
|9.00-19.00||Race centre next to Vabaduse Avenue is open|
|9.00-18.30||On the spot registration and issuing race materials at the race centre (ends 30 minutes before the start)|
|19.00||Start open water swimming 1,5 km|
|20.30||Awards ceremony of the open water swimming|
To promote and popularize swimming and healthy living in Tartu. To offer joy of moving outdoors. To improve swimming skills and to offer a chance to gain experience in open water swimming.
All who are interested and fit to complete the distance can participate in the open water swim. Underage children need the permission of a parent or a guardian.
Men and women, boys and girls are considered separately
1,5 km distance
N/M 14-19: born 2004-1999
N/M 20-29: born 1998-1989
N/M 30-39: born 1988-1979
N/M 40-49: born 1978-1969
N/M 50-59: born 1968-1959
N/M 60-69: born 1958-1949
N/M 70-79: born 1948-1939
N/M 80+: born 1938 and before
Registration and fees
Pre-registration is open online on Zoot open water series website until July 17. Issuing of the start materials, registration and re-registration (10€) takes place at the race centre as marked on the schedule.
If the event is cancelled due to force majeure, entry fees will not be refunded.
|Until 17.07.2018||On the spot 19.07.2018|
|Swimming (1,5 km)||20 EUR||25 EUR|
Confirmation of registration
The competitor is registered only after payment. The fee will be calculated by the time of payment, NOT by the time of registration.
By registering, the participant (in case of underage competitors the parent/guardian) declares to be responsible for own (the competitor’s) health status, and agrees that the organizer is not liable for health damage or loss of personal property during the event.
The following things are provided for the competitors:
- marked and secured course,
- electronic timing,
- luggage service,
- medical aid if necessary.
1,5 km Zoot main distance swim course
Start is located at Lodjakoja beach, Tartu.
The competitors can leave a bag with the bag number on it at the start area. The bag will be transported to the finish and competitors can get them back based on the race number.
Swimming is in the river Emajõgi, water temperature will be around 20°C. Competitors must swim 1,5 km downriver until the Market Building.
- No swimmer shall be permitted to use or wear any device which may be an aid to their speed, endurance or buoyancy, with the exception of wetsuits that are allowed in triathlon.
- Wetsuits are compulsory if the water temperature is below 15°C and allowed if the water temperature is not over 23,9°C.
- The race number will be marked on one or both shoulders (on the cheek in the wetsuit category) of the competitor. The number must not be removed before finishing.
- Each competitor is responsible for their swimming skills and health status and must sign a health status declaration before the race. For competitors under the age of 16 the declaration must be signed by a parent or coach.
- All questions not answered in the regulations or which are arguable will be handled by the head referee.
Timing chips are provided by race organizers and must be returned to them after the race. If the chip is lost, the competitor must pay for it (70 Euros).
1,5 km distance will be closed 19.45 (45 minutes)
Three best male and female swimmers in all age groups will be awarded with a diploma and a prize.
It is mandatory to participate in the awards ceremony in order to receive the prize. If the competitor can’t be at the awards ceremony, their coach or representative can accept the award.
The organizers will not give out the awards after the ceremony.
Race organizers provide a medical aid point at race centre during the whole race.
Lost and found
All items found will be taken to race information tent.